This was another project by Ibraheem (10). It is quite straight forward.
1. Die cut wooden frames (available here in Canada from Michaels) or any other frame.
2. Paint to decorate the frame. We used acrylic paint.
3. Coloring sheet printed onto a transparency sheet.
NOTE: We used transparency sheet as we were going to hand this by our front door and it will be exposed to the elements.
4. Permanent markers to colour in.
1. Colour and decorate frame. Embellishments would be great too.
2. Colour the coloring sheet using markers.
3. Attach coloring sheet to the back of frame with some transparent sticky tape. Hang up, enjoy.
This piece generated a lot of conversations with people who showed up at our door through out Ramadan. Courier guys, people collecting donation, neighbours. We chose this particular coloring sheet as it showed the phases of the moon in a month. It is from Education.com.
Also to give you some idea of dimensions, our frame had an opening of 14×10 inch. It had to be large as it was by our front door. The colouring sheet is letter size. I was able to attach it horizontally across the frame that hung vertically. Due to being on a transparency, it gave the image a sort of floating feel.